Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Week 34

With Darling Daughter #2:

With Natalie:
I am definitely wobbling a lot now and feel the weight of my pregnant belly. We had such a busy weekend that by the end of each day I was so sore and beat; I couldn't get into bed fast enough. Plus, my ankles started swelling. And the crotch pain is starting to get pretty bothersome like last time. There have been a few times that my hands have started itching. I'm hoping this is not the beginning signs of the itchy skin rash forming that I got while pregnant with Natalie. It's hard to believe that in no more than a little over 5 weeks our little girl will be joining us!

Two big milestones this week -- Airlines will no longer allow me to fly on their planes and most importantly, if our little girl comes early, I won't need steroid shots to speed up development of her lungs. Her lungs should be developed enough to handle it if she comes early. Relieving news!

Our baby responds as a newborn with its eyes open while awake and closed while sleeping. She is developing immunities to fight mild infection. Those sharp little fingernails are at the ends of the fingertips already. She probably weighs close to 5.5 lbs now.

My book club friends threw me and another friend, Suzi (she's having her baby no later than Nov. 2 -- very soon!), a baby shower for both of our second babies. It was very sweet of them and I had a great time. They all gave me board books for baby #2 which was such a great idea for a book club group. I'm sure baby girl #2 will enjoy having new books that haven't been chewed on by Natalie. And it turns out we didn't have any of the ones they got it. And of course, the cake and baked goods were delicious.


Some of the woman brought their little ones. We got a cute photo of the five of them hanging out together. I decided not to bring Natalie because she had a costume party that afternoon that she needed her nap beforehand. She would of had fun though hanging out with Brandon, Lily, Jude, Emma and Lucy.

No comments:

Post a Comment