Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Week 35 - 8 Months!

With Darling Daughter #2:

With Natalie:

It's hard to believe that I have finished my 8th month of pregnancy! I can't get over how quickly this pregnancy has gone. Within one month from today, we will have another child. Very exciting and overwhelming at the same time. Especially now that one of my friends, Suzi, had her second daughter yesterday -- I'm the next one due out of the woman I know. It makes it feel much closer now! I'm definitely getting ready to be done being pregnant again. I feel huge and cumbersome.

This week I've noticed that I'm starting to get more of a itchy skin rash, mostly on my hands. Definitely not too bothersome yet but noticeable. Mostly I've been dealing with the crotch pain, especially when sleeping and rolling over. I am starting to feel more crampy now -- just some subtle achiness.

I've started moving my projects at work over to others for my upcoming maternity leave. I want to make sure everything is taken care of well before I head to the hospital. My plan is to work up through November 30 assuming I don't go into labor before my scheduled c-section on December 3rd. This will give me two days to relax and spend some special one on one time with Natalie. The weekend before is Thanksgiving and my parents will be here. With the long weekend and only working the following Monday, I'll only be working one day in week before my scheduled c-section.

We have officially moved Natalie over to her big girl room so I've started setting up the nursery again for the baby. We made some minor changes with how it looks compared to how it was set up for Natalie. We've moved my rocking chair from my childhood to the room and added some new green (instead of purple) curtains that Riet made. I still need to get some stuffed animals and some picture frames for baby girl #2. Kinsey helped get all of the baby clothes washed, organized and put away. Natalie likes to pull out the baby toys like the bouncer and exersaucer to play with them while I'm working in the room. Hopefully she shares well when the baby arrives.

Our little girl is probably around five and a half pounds now! Her crown-to-rump length is about 13 1/2 inches. The fat accumulations plump up the arms and legs this week. She has gotten big enough to take up most of the uterus, and there's less room to move around. She continues to punch and kick me frequently. My belly frequently has body parts pushing out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment