Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Week 26 - 6 months

With Darling Daughter #2:
With Natalie:
I can't believe I'm already 6 months pregnant and I have less than 100 days till my due date! I'm now starting my 3rd trimester!! I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is going compared to last time. Now that it's September and I have roughly 3 months to go, I think I should start tackling my list of things to do which include coming up with a list of names for this little one, getting Natalie's big girl room set up, buying the additional baby items and clothes we'll need, and then a few projects around the house. Given I'm due the beginning of December, I think I'm also going to tackle Christmas shopping beforehand; I'm sure I won't be up for going to the malls right after my delivery! Laura Brett will also be coming to our house after the baby is born to take her newborn photos so I want to get Natalie and DD#2 some Christmas dresses for the photos. I need to get moving!

I had my 25 week appointment last Thursday with Dr. Corvin. Everything went well -- the baby's heartbeat was very strong and she has been kicking up a storm. I also was tested for gestational diabetes at that time in which I had to drink this very sweet orange drink fairly quickly and then get my blood drawn an hour later. I got my results on Monday -- everything looked normal; I don't have gestational diabetes which is a relief! Dr. Corvin was more towards me doing a c-section but only because she thought it was easier to just plan it than wait to go into labor. She did say that because my c-section last time was not due to Natalie not fitting in my pelvis (and given that 2nd babies tend to be bigger) that she thought it was possible to try for a VBAC. She did state that if I decide to do a planned c-section, they like to schedule them for week 39 so that I would possibly avoid going into labor on my own. They would like to get it on the books at my next appointment which is in 2 more weeks. I'm still very torn! I've also put on more weight since my last appointment than I had between previous appointments. Dr. Corvin said my weight is still within range but I should expect another 10 pounds before delivery. I'm hoping it doesn't go over that. Now if I could just figure out how to fit in working out with hanging out with Natalie and resting at night.

I've been come much more tired with everything I do. When I sleep at night, my belly now feels heavy while laying on my side. I definitely can't get up and down as easily anymore. Luckily I'm still doing ok with carrying Natalie around but get tired if I do it for too long.

One difference I've noticed with this pregnancy compared to my first is that I feel more like I'm going through it alone. Not that others aren't support and Emile has been great but because our focus during the day is more on Natalie playing and running around, that others around me are not as focused on me being pregnant since Natalie is more of an immediate focus. Plus the doctor's treat me differently, or at least that's how I've perceived it. I don't have as many questions so it feels more like I'm rushed through my appointments quicker; there's no time to get the warm fuzzy feeling from my doctor's like I did before, even though I've meet them all previously during my pregnancy with Natalie. This pregnancy is just more internal for me (which has it's own advantages). But we're all excited to meet our new addition at which point I'm sure she'll be showered with as much affection as Natalie is.

Our baby measures about 9.2 inches from crown to rump and weighs almost 2 pounds now. Her hearing is fully developed. As she reacts to sounds, her pulse increases. Our baby will even move in rhythm to music. Lungs are still growing but are not yet mature. Patterns of our baby's brain waves appear like a full-term newborn. It also has patterns of sleeping and waking.

No comments:

Post a Comment