Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Week 27

With Darling Daughter #2:

With Natalie:
To sum up this week, I've just been exhausted! It is getting very tiring trying to keep up with Natalie and work requirements at this point -- I could sleep all day if allowed. But I'm still trying to be as active with Natalie as I can. Not so much rolling around and chasing each other but we have been coloring, playing with play-do and chalk a lot. Plus, there's always the fun of pretending to feed and cover up her babies. We got her a big girl (twin) bed this weekend in preparation for the transition to the her new room before the baby arrives. We're planning to see how she do with a twin bed starting the last weekend in October. This will give her about a month to hopefully get used to it before the baby arrives. I'm planning to start taking out the baby items (swing, car seat, etc.) around then also so she starts to get used to seeing the items and knowing that they're for the baby to use.

Our baby measures about 9.6 inches from crown to rump and weighs a little more than 2 pounds. Hands are active and muscle coordination is such that she can get her thumb into her mouth. Thumb-sucking calms the baby and strengthens her cheek and jaw muscles. She can also cry now.

So far I'm a few weeks past when the linea negra line on my belly showed with Natalie and also from when I started getting pretty bad hip pain. I'm curious to see if either of these show up again with this pregnancy at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment