Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Week 36

With Darling Daughter #2:


With Natalie:

As I've mentioned before, this pregnancy has been pretty low key which is great. It's actually probably been less problematic than with Natalie in that I haven't had hip pain, very much of an itchy skin rash or swelling, and not being that uncomfortable. But I'm now getting stretch marks which I didn't get with Natalie. I realize I'm lucky I didn't get any with Natalie but it doesn't take away from the disappointment that I'm getting some now. Luckily there aren't too many but there are enough for me to notice and being bother by it. Hopefully I don't get many more before I'm finished.

I had my 36 week appointment with Dr. Placide today. Emile and Natalie came with and got to hear the baby's heartbeat (~140 bpm). Dr. Placide did the Group B Streph test on me which I should find the results of in the next few days. He also checked to see if I've progressed any yet and as I expected given how things went last time, I haven't. I now start weekly appointments and so I'll be going in again next Tuesday.

We've gotten a lot of things set up for the new baby -- nursery is ready, infant car seat is back in the car and the Pack N Play is set up in our room. I only need to pack my hospital bag.

Our baby's fat is dimpling on the elbows and knees as well as forming creases in the neck and wrists. Her gums are now very rigid.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I can't believe you are 36 weeks already! Glad everything is going so well!

    ReplyDelete