Thursday, April 9, 2009

Week 6

My first belly photo! Although I'm back to my pre-Natalie weight, my abdominal muscles still aren't back in shape since having a c-section. So it goes! Although I'm still weeks away from showing, I have read that women typically start showing earlier with subsequent pregnancies. I started showing with Natalie at 15 weeks. We'll see if I show before that with this one.

I go into meet with the OB Coordinator at Blue Ridge OB/Gyn on April 20th. Unfortunately, this appointment is to just go over my history, sign some forms and for them to give me pamphlets, prenatal vitamins and answer questions. I think this appointment is unnecessary given that I've been pregnant before, already take prenatal vitamins because I'm still breastfeeding, I don't need a pamphlet and I don't have any questions. My first appointment with Dr. Anya is April 30th (Natalie will be 11 months old that day!) in which she'll do my first internal ultra sound to date the pregnancy. Emile will be going with me to that appointment.

At 6 weeks pregnant, our baby's heartbeat will have begun! The baby is now an embryo and is about 1/17 of an inch long. Growth will be very rapid this week. The umbilical cord is developing. Our baby's eyes and ears are beginning to form as well as an opening for the mouth. The heart has begun to pump blood and most of the other organs are well under construction. Buds form on the body that will become the arms and legs. --- Wow, it's starting to feel more real now!

No comments:

Post a Comment