Thursday, April 23, 2009

Week 8 -- 2 Months Completed!

Wow...2 months already. This week I met with the OB coordinator at my doctor's office. She went over the insurance information, gave me a bunch of reading material on being pregnant (obviously not something I need), and went over the schedule of tests and appointments for the next 7 months. Then I had to give quite a bit of blood and a urine sample. I really dislike giving blood and four vials of it is a lot! My next appointment is with my doctor next Thursday when she'll do my first internal ultra sound.

I'm definitely starting to feel more pregnant now. Mostly I'm pretty bloated and moody (I'm sure Emile can attest to that one). Although my weight hasn't changed from before I got pregnant, it sure seems like my stomach is already sticking out further. Given the baby is the size of a piece of rice and under my pelvic bone, this belly is all related to bloat and my uterus growing. I'm guessing it also has something to do with the fact that I had a c/s previously and my ab muscles were cut apart so they pretty much have no strength to hold anything in. Plus, I've heard you start looking pregnant sooner with the second and subsequent babies.

So far I haven't really had any signs of morning sickness. Like with Natalie, I've really only had a few days were I felt a little queasy but nothing more than that. I hope that remains the case!

I did start doing prenatal pilates again this week. Unlike with Natalie, I'm also hoping to still run on the weekends until it's uncomfortable to do so. The OB coordinator said this fine to do and I did run this past weekend with no problems.

An ultrasound done at this stage should show a fluttering heartbeat. Elbows are beginning to form in the arms and fingers are starting to develop. The leg buds have begun to show feet with tiny notches for the toes. Our baby's face continues to change as the ears, eyes and the tip of the nose is appearing. The intestines are starting to form in the umbilical cord. Teeth are developing under the gums.

No comments:

Post a Comment